Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Having identical problems on my Spectre x360 with the graphical glitches after the Anniversary update.   Noticed I'm on a newer Intel Graphics version than whats listed on the HP site.  Going to try to roll back to that version and see if it helps.  Oddly enough I also get the graphics glitches on my external monitor attached via usb hub.  I hope HP fixes this soon, because otherwise this has been a fantastic laptop.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Same issues as reported by Ineram and D3mon187.

After my purchase (Oct'15), during months my display  have often the error "intel graphics drivers have stopped responding and has recovered", I've read HP  support said in the forum that it was an hardware issue, until a driver update was finally released.

After that everything was ok ....until Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016.

After this anniversary update, I can quote Ineram, because my issue is the same

@ineram wrote:

Since the last Windows 10 update, I keep getting artifacts all over the screen, mostly in browser windows, that disappear when I move over them.

Mostly, it's little black (or white) blocks, but sometimes in system pop-up windows, the entire text will be blacked out and there will be black edges around any icons shown.

I read that the artifacts might have to do with hardware acceleration, but turning that off in the browser doesn't do anything, they're still there.

So we have to wait until HP and/or Microsoft and/or Intel will update the graphic driver, and not saying that it would be hardware issue, like the 1st issue. 🙂

PS:
My computer: HP Spectre x360 13-4115nf
My product number : T1K85EA#ABF

HP Recommended

Same here, I haven't had my drivers crashing anymore at all since the update, but now there's those annoying artifacts.

I've noticed that they only seem to appear in Firefox, however. Firefox forums said it might have something to do with hardware acceleration, but turning that off or on doesn't change anything, and I read it might have to do with the power that's available to the CPU/graphics card or something, but changing the power settings also does nothing.

It is pretty random, though, sometimes there won't be any at all, and then whole pages will be filled with them all of a sudden.

HP Recommended

getting the same on my spectre 360.  Usually in firefox but have seen it in some windows pop-up menus.  disappears when you reload page of scroll over area.  Annoying.  Started for me at the endof september - beginning of october.  I've updated everything with no effect.  Chris.

HP Recommended

Exactly the same here, Firefox and some pop-up windows. Never in other programs, though. Also updated everything to no avail.

I haven't installed the bios update in the HP centre, though, since there were supposed to be some problems with that and HP recommended not updating if everything else was working fine. Have any of you?

HP Recommended

example :hp_spectre_artifacts_screen.jpg

HP Recommended

I am getting this also - largely in FF.

HP Recommended

updated to a new BIOS a week ago but still viewing the problem - possibly with a little less frequency.  any news from other users?  Chris.

HP Recommended

Unfortuantely no change here.  A couple of weeks ago I checked the device driver page and did a right-click to see if there was a new video driver (not presented by the hp-update utility). There was an I installed it but then there were all kinds of weird errors (couldn't play videos or youtube properly) so I rolled it back.  I've been using the hp utility frequently to check for updated but nothing has showed up.  I did re-up on my warranty and bought the 3 year extension so I've been meaning to call tech support but, while they try and be helpful, they usually roll back a bunch of stuff, have you restart your computer multiple times, blah blah....  It's clearly some kind of video driver problem - my guess is the refresh rates get reset indavertantly at some point.  Right now it's a minor annoyance so I'm not willing to put a lot of time into it.  Just curious - has anyone seen these artifacts in chrome or edge?  Regard, Chris.

HP Recommended

I've been having the same issue with artificacts appearing on the screen of my Spectre for the past few months. They seem to only appear in Firefox browser and they disappear when swiped with the mouse.

After searching for solutions and reading this thread and finding no answers, I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 pro 64  bit.

For those of you who are leery of doing so, it's really quite simple.

Just be sure to backup all of your important data files, documents, media files (pictures, movies etc) to an external drive or usb or flash card, then download Windows 10 media creation tool, boot from the USB (its necessary to change the BIOS settings to do so) and do a completely fresh install.

This allows you to remove all those pesky separate partitions and HP preinstalled folders and apps that you aren't sure if you even need. Windows 10 pro activated with no input needed from me, but to be on the safe side you should make note of the product key just in case.

I found that there was no need to even go to the HP site to update any drivers, Windows 10 pro found everything and device manager shows all clear with drivers and hardware.

The Spectre is running much fastier, with that crisp new Windows 10 pro installation and I have not seen any screen artificacts since I did the update this morning. If I don't post any changes to this thread you can assume my problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.