MVicente
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Audio only, no video, when enlarging videos to full-screen

HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio G3 M6V81AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When viewing videos on YouTube, Facebook or other sites, I can not expand these videos to full screen. When I attempt to do so, the audio continues to play, but the screen goes black. However, when I hit the esc key to minimize, sometimes I see a flash of the full screen just before it reduces back to the small player. This is a new problem, and seemed to happen recently, about the same time as some updates that were installed.

Additionally, I am also seeing videos not immediately fully loaded in the smaller players on Facebook. It takes much more time for them to be completely visible (the screen shows 50% of the video visible, but 50% black/trying to load).

I have an NVIDIA Quadro M1000M and an Intel HD Graphics P530 

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Mugman
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MVicente,

Yea, this was an issue that i have been dealing with with for a few days now. With some clever searching turns out its a BIOS Setting that allows for HYBRID Graphics (meaning that it will use Intel for the Laptop Screen and the Nvidia for the HDMI Outputs) you will have to disable this and use "Discrete Graphics" Here are the Steps..

1. F10 to BIOS

2. Select Advacned

3. Select Built in Devices

4. Graphics: You should have 3 options AUTO, HYBRID GRAPHICS, and DISCRETE GRAPHICS. Choose DISCRETE.

5. Save and Exit

Please be aware that by doing this you are going to be disabling the Intel Graphcs Card completely and will not be seeing it the Device Manger. Also be aware the battery life will be a bit shorter and it will be using more power to push to the Nvidia Quadro.

Hopefully this Helps. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation