Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update did not fix screen light leak issue

HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got my HP Envy 15 x360, I have to say its really great.

However, when I noticed there's a light being emmitted (leaked) on the top left corner of the screen. It's very noticeable during bootup because the background is black.

I then searched the HP site to search for answers and after looking at the driver/software section for this device, I saw a BIOS update with the description "Fixes an issue which causes which causes light to be emitted (leak) from the corner of the display panel". After installing it, the light leak still shows. The BIOS version on my laptop shows F.21.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the link to the BIOS update

5 REPLIES 5
Teacher
Teacher
68 54 4 3
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a Hardware problem software cannot fix this, Such as a Bios Update. When you bought the Laptop/Notebook did it have this problem?

0 Kudos
Cubski Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. However, I was hoping the fix described by the BIOS Update would resolve this. The issue it was saying it would fix is the same thing as what I'm having.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
68 54 4 3
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thats strang that HP did that, I don't know how it would fix the bleeding of the light.

0 Kudos
Cubski Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, I'll try to contact support later to confirm whether its the same issue as the one described in the update. Hopefully this issue gets resolved if it can be resolved ny an update. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
68 54 4 3
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The good news is it;s just the display, I have a laptop that needs a new screen It;s cracked.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation