Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BLACK SCREEN

HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g121
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my notebook early Jan 2017. Occasionally, without notice of any kind, my display stops displaying. I have to manually power off and power on to "fix" it. Then, of course, I get the message that is was not shut down correctly. No troubleshooting of which I am aware covers this issue.  Could it be the cooling setting? Or is this a sign of a product defect?

3 REPLIES 3
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
660 653 57 66
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BLACK SCREEN

Please update the BIOS and the graphic card drivers for your notebook from the HP Support website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/8499304/model/8961...

Also run the Windows updates to ensure you have the latest OS updates for your notebook, and this should help resolve the issue.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
DARKJEDI Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BLACK SCREEN

I did what was recommended. I haven't had any black screens since, but there have been longer periods of time between incidents before. If a month goes by without any black screen, I'll assume it worked 😄

0 Kudos
DARKJEDI Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BLACK SCREEN

it didn't work...I think the "expert" did NOT note that it just happens, for no apparent reason...it happened twice today already while I was working with financials and I lost my work both times...returning computerr today...obviously defective...probably will not replace with HP or any of it's subsidiaries 😞

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation