Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
VINESHWAR Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BRIGHTNESS KEYS F2 AND F3 NOT WORKING

W6T33PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have HP laptop product number- W6T33PA#ACJ and serial no [Personal Information Removed]....

i have installed windows 7-64 bit 3 days back. since then my brightness keys are not working.

pls help

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100631 13892 21345
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page?

Not having the graphics driver installed is normally why the brightness is stuck on maximum, and why you can't adjust it lower or use the Fn keys to adjust it.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

There you should see an Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

If you see a Standard VGA Adapter listed there, that means the graphics driver is not installed and that is why the Fn brightness keys don't work.

0 Kudos
VINESHWAR Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's still not working. i have done exactly as pee your instructions. but still the problem is same.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100631 13892 21345
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try the driver directly from Intel.

The 1st driver on the top left side of the page is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?pr...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation