Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BSOD when gpu drivers installed

HP dv6-6135dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Im getting BSOD when rebooting after windows installs GPU drivers, or i install HP 2011 drivers, And drivers fail to work properly after using AMD auto detect utillity on my old 2011 Laptop.

I am launching Windows in SafeMode and deleting the failing GPU drivers with Device Manager. Uninstalling all AMD Ati software with Windows Programs and Features. And Manually deleting ALL AMD Ati Folders. BeFore Reinstalling.

Ive replaced the failed MOBO in this laptop with an identical one that Came with a a8-3500m Processor in it.

This Laptop Originally had a amd a6-3400m series Processor installed.

Pretty certain the a8-3500m is compatible.

Original Processor AMD a6-3400m AMD A-Series A6-3400M Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Replacement Processor (Came with MOBO) AMD a8-3500m AMD A-Series A8-3500M Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

MOBO comes with Integrated Graphics Radeon HD 6750m

Laptop is HP dv6-6135dx.

Is runing Windows 7 home

Ive been at this for days and hav reinstalled uninstalled all different versions many times.

i believe the original processor is faulty in some way and would like to understand this driver issue.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,419 21,032 1,377 2,179
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Pancakebut,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! As I understand you are getting blue screen of death on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know a few more details:

Have you tried to uninstall the graphics drivers from device manager?

Have you updated the drivers either using HP Support Assistant or using Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

Please uninstall the graphics driver software from device manager by following these steps:

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Then restart the computer and wait as it would look for the drivers automatically and install it.

Now check if the display comes up or does it comes up with the BSOD error.

For more assistance, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Pancakebut Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While i apreciate the contact... PLZ read the OP where i answer these common questions you are copy pasting to me -_-

I am launching Windows in SafeMode and deleting the failing GPU drivers with Device Manager. Uninstalling all AMD Ati software with Windows Programs and Features. And Manually deleting ALL AMD Ati Folders. BeFore Reinstalling.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Pancakebut,

Thank you for replying,

The steps provided in the previous post were based on the issue and symptoms, I'm not quiet sure if the steps suggested helped you to resolve the issue. could you please let me know if you have followed the steps suggested and did they help you in resolving the issue.

Please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Pancakebut Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OFC i did. As stated in the Original Post. I did all that before i started the thread. Thats why i started the thread because,  none of that worked.

No this is not resolved.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Pancakebut,

As I understand you have already tried the steps suggested and still having the issue with the computer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

As this is a pretty old computer, the drivers from the manufacturer's website might be the latest one and this might not be backward compatible, which might sometime cause this issue. The best option would be to install HP Support Assistant, as this would be look for the drivers which are tested for your computer download and install it.

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Pancakebut Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the original OS on this 2011 Laptop with all the CrapWare installed (or most of it) which includes HP Support Assistant. It has never tried searching or installing drivers. Im looking HP assistant now and not seeing anyway to scan for drivers. It is up to date.

More over in the OP ive stated that i have been to HP website and installed the latest Drivers for this model computer. And AMD drivers for this Model Processor. All of which failed.

It worth noting the A6-3400m processor could update Drivers thru AMD Autodetect, install and run without issue.

No HP support assistant isnt trying to install drivers /shrug

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation