1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlight bleed

HP Omen 15-ax208nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought a HP Omen 15-ax208nl laptop on April 22nd, 2017.
When I reproduce dark videos or black pictures I can notice some bright areas (clouding/backlight bleed) in proximity of the lower part of the frame (see attached picture).
- Is it a common problem in these laptops?
- How can I solve the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Alessandro

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Buongiorno,

Ho acquistato un portatile HP Omen 15-ax208nl il 22 Aprile 2017 da un rivenditore della mia città.
Nella riproduzione di video con poca luce o di immagini nere è possibile notare delle aree più chiare in corrispondeza della parte inferiore della corinice (clouding/backlight bleed, vedere foto).
- Il problema è comune in questi portatili?
- Come si può risolvere?

Grazie in anticipo,
Alessandro

Backlight bleed

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 421 580
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlight bleed

@pilo1392,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing display issues with your OMEN by HP 15-ax208nl Laptop PC.

This issue could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, you may need to check if the issue persists in BIOS. 

Turn on the PC. Keep tapping the F10 key, you should be able to boot into BIOS.

If you get the same issue, then you need to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation