Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black or faint screen after install of windows 10

G60-535DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing windows 10 my screen is either black or very faint and unreadable, but I use a remote monitor without difficulty.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13890 13806 777 898
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@65north

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP G60-535DX Notebook. I understand that display is faint and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

I see that it works fine with an alternate monitor.

I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS).

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above.

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan).

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
65north Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having a hard time getting my computer to restart and go to BIOS by tapping on F10.   Ant suggestions for that?  I have also been unnable to get my computer to start in "Safe Mode".

Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13890 13806 777 898
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@65north

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation