ericberard Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 0
Message 21 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black screen (safe mode boot only)

Hi, I am going through the same issue as the starter of this thread, but none of these things have helped. I've tried running chkdsk, I've tried disabling the display drivers, I've tried system restore, and then I tried uninstalling the diplsay drivers, but none of it has worked, I still get a black screen, with my cursor, in normal mode.

0 Kudos
SalomonK Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have got the same problem, the screen turns black when i start the laptop (HP G62) in normal mode but it works i fi start it  in the safe mode....so i decided to use the recovery system and after it was finished the same problem happened again....but it jsut got worse now if i start to run it in safe mode it will crash and say it cannt open the system befor rebooting in normal and the balck sreens appears....

PLz help me....

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3429 3369 129 674
Message 23 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello SalomonK,

You state that you only get a black screen when booting up your laptop, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

HP manufactured a few hundred G62’s can you provide the full model number for the one you have. If you aren’t sure where to locate the model number have a look at this document for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos
bobbysneeze Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstalling display driver in safe mode worked for me (do not delete). On reboot, display worked. After login, reinstalled driver and let computer restart. Works fine now. Thank you.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation