cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Black screen when restarting HP Spectre x360 13t

HP Recommended
13t-ae000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 10 months top of the line HP Spectre x360 13t (8th gen i7, 16GB memory, 1TB SSD, 4K display, W10 Pro) had started to actup from the day I unboxed it.  The screen was flickering at random times.  I called HP customer Support, but they were not able to correct the issue, specially as the issue showing randomly.  Overtime, I managed to get use to this sxcreen flickering at times. 

Then since few days ago, I noticed that, if I'm working on the laptop and restart it, I get a black screen.  The laptop actually starts, but the screen stays black all the time.  I'm convinced this is due to overheating, because this laptop always gets really hot-surfing the web makes the fans come at full speed-.  I called HP support last night.  The representative troubleshooted my laptop for about 2 hours, but couldn't fix the black screen issue when I restart the laptop.  A service order was created to get my laptop repaired.  It's going to cost me 10 days without of a computer!  Hopefully they'll get repaired for good...  not just reset the OS.

It's sad to say that I'm coming from a 2010 MacBook Pro that I used everyday for 8 years and NOT one single issue

I'm now disappointed about this switching to HP, but I realize I'm lucky that this black screen came during my laptop's one year warranty.  I knew the screen flickering on day one was NOT a good sign.  I also found a lot of reviews on the web (Google, Amazon, HP, etc.) of people having the same black screen issue with their HP Spectre x360 within 1 to 2 years.  Be aware. 😉

Nov 16 2018 update: 

My HP Spectre x360 13t (8th gen i7, 16GB memory, 1TB SSD, 4K display, W10 Pro) came back from repairs and guess what?  The screen is dark all the time now.  I know what to think about the reliabitily of this tablet.  Now I also know how good HP repairs is.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,667 4,662 307 380
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PJG972

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.
Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation