Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently purchased this laptop and the specs seems promising...

But unfortunately, from the beginning when I created another user to log in to windows, and when I try to log in with it, I get a black screen without displaying anything, even the wallpaper!!! hitting alt+ctrl+del displays the windows options from which I select to log off and select the primary user, then it starts normally. I had to reset the device to overcome this issue.

Now, while running games in full screen mode, I get a black screen without having the option to switch windows, and the laptop freezes!!!

When I hit Alt+Ctrl+Del, I get the option to select the task manager, but then the black screen, and no other software is being able to run.

I think it's a Drivers/DirectX/Display related issue, but I tried to do everything on web including installing old directX dirvers and files, and nothing happened.

If I can't solve this issue, I will return the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Joboma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Joboma

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

This is usually caused by your game or graphics card settings and be sure to check your graphics card settings.

Let's try this steps:

Set display scaling to 100%  

Open the Settings app and go to System > Display.
Find the Change the size of text, apps and other items and set them to 100%.

Also, you can try and enable Game Mode and check:
To enable Game Mode in Windows 10, open Settings Panel and go to the Gaming section. On the left-hand side, you will see the Game Mode option. Click on it and toggle the button to enable Game Mode right away. After enabling Game Mode from Settings Panel, you need to activate it in the individual game.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Joboma

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

This is usually caused by your game or graphics card settings and be sure to check your graphics card settings.

Let's try this steps:

Set display scaling to 100%  

Open the Settings app and go to System > Display.
Find the Change the size of text, apps and other items and set them to 100%.

Also, you can try and enable Game Mode and check:
To enable Game Mode in Windows 10, open Settings Panel and go to the Gaming section. On the left-hand side, you will see the Game Mode option. Click on it and toggle the button to enable Game Mode right away. After enabling Game Mode from Settings Panel, you need to activate it in the individual game.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.