Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 745 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • I own elitebook 745 G3. The screen stays black when I press the power button. The wifi led is blinking orange twice and stays white after that. In usaul the wifi led stays orange till the windows boot up. I have tried a couple fixs.
  • 1- hard reset. 
  • 2- connecting to external display.
  • 3- removing the memory and connect it back.
  • They all failed. I seek technician help twice with same problem. 
  • They told me different reason each time. And this the 3rd time that happens and I don't know what to do
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Amma5 

We are not HP Service Technicians, we have no access to your laptop nor do we have any way to diagnose problems with it.

The behavior of the WiFi light is how it works -- there is nothing to "fix" there.

I don't know what you mean by saying all the tests failed.  The hard reset is essentially a waste of time -- I don't know why folks do this all the time.  When you hooked up an external monitor, it was also black?  When you removed and replaced the memory, the memory failed?  Don't understand that.

We have no idea what technicians will tell you, so we can't comment on what any of them have said.

If you want HP to check this out, you have to take it to a service center and unless this is still under the original warranty, you will have to pay them and they might refuse to do the work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Spoiler
I am not an expert so I provided all the information I have that is why I wrote about the wifi led blinking. I thought it was some kind of beeb code.

About the fixs I tried nobody recommended it to me it is actually the official solutions on hp support website here is the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03518165#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%20Windows,blank%20f....
HP Recommended

@Amma5 

Thw WiFi LED will not go steady white until Windows is loaded -- that is how it works.

As to fixing this, as I mentioned, we have no way to do this for you -- you will have to take it somewhere.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.