Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank screen, caps lock blinks twice

Hp 2000
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
So I was using the laptop with an hdmi cord attatched to my tv and it wasn't playing sound. I went through the control panel and attempted a few different things with no luck so I rebooted the computer. When it turned back on only the tv screen worked and the laptop screen was black. No backlight just dark. I performed a bios recovery and that went through succesfully but the caps lock button still blinks and I still have no video to the laptop screen.
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank screen, caps lock blinks twice

Hey @Chunter44

First, I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community! 

After reading your post, it seems that you are seeing the Caps Lock light on your  Hp 2000 Notebook PC blinking. The blinking is a code indication. We figure out the code by how many blinks the Caps lock button does. In this case, you had said that the Caps lock light blinks twice. That generally indicates that there is an issue with the BIOS. The blink code means BIOS corruption failure. You can find this information in the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document; this document provides the solution to a BIOS corruption failure. 

For you convenience, I have also posted the steps below: 

If this occurs, update the BIOS on the computer. For more information, see Updating the BIOS.

If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
  3. While the computer is still off:

• Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
    • Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive. For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document:  Restoring the BIOS

Other customers may also be wondering what two blinks on the Caps lock means and how to fix it; please click the Accept as Solution button if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thank you for joining the community!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation