Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Blank screen during gaming

Omen 15-dc1031nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody,

while playing the game (specifically World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth) my screen suddenly turns black. I can hear in-game sound, only display is irresponsive. A second after monitor goes blank,  sound of system notice is heard  but since screen goes black so I dont know what is the information that system gives at that time. I do hard shutdown and when I turn it on again everything functions normally. When I check info tab (down right corner) it says something about concentration helper or sth. It happens randomly (not everyday) and never more than once  a day. Laptop is approximately 3 weeks old and I installed Windows 10 since it came as FreeDOS. I did not have any problem with OS installation whatsoever. I did thorough HP diagnosis and everything seems to work fine. I would also like to add that this started happening maybe a week after laptop was bought.

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,631 21,586 1,825 2,917
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@ciciban Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you upgrade the BIOS using the instructions mentioned here, once done, restart the device and also, update the graphics card and Chipset drivers from the HP website

If the issue persists, ensure the game supports the recommended system requirements, and if it does, create a new user account to check if that works fine.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ciciban
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

2 days with no problem so far. Thank you.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,631 21,586 1,825 2,917
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@ciciban Thank you for the update,

That's awesome,

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation