andreipaul
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue screen ATI mobility radeon 5470 and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

HP G62
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HI,i got a problem,i have a switchtable graphics notebook (HP G62) first driver is intel HD graphics here it everything ok but when i want to put second driver (ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 or AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000) it give me black screen for 1 minute and blue screen before with this message "attempt to reset the dysplay driver and

recover from timeout failed"

Sorry for my english.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29 29 3 5
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @andreipaul,

Thanks for reaching out! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community.

I understand that you are facing issues updating the graphics driver for ATI Mobility Radeon. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

Let’s run this AMD Utility and scan for any updates.

If available install it and restart the computer.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

Anoop
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
piquero
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Helo , I tried that solution but it does not run anyway, everytime I get the driver from AMD page or Catalyst Control Center and launch the computer the blue screen appears with the message "thread stuck in the device Driver" I can only start Windows on safe mode or with the basic graphics.

However, AMD says that it should run ATI Mobility Radeon Premiun Graphics Direct X11 (series HD 5000)....

After restarting many times it appears another blue screen: "vídeo tdr  failure" ...

Is the problem related to HP? Do I need also a HP driver?

Please let me know if I am losing my time updating this device...

Thank you

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation