Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15 g3 T7W17EA#AK8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and the built-in screen is 4k. I need to use the lower 1920x1080 resolution quite often, because most of the applications I use won't scale to 4k (for example GIMP). 

When I right-click Graphic settings (Intel) -> Resolution -> 1920 x 1080 on the desktop, the display is all blurry, even after I log out and log back in. Everything looks blurry, not just some apps, all of them. Also the Windows 10 UI is blurry.

Also, if I turn off my computer when using 1920 x 1080 the display won't turn on next time. I have to close the lid, open it and press the power button (wake from sleep) at least three times before the display turns on. After I log in there's always some message saying "You are not using recommended resolutio..." etc. This is very annoying, what should I do?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

SankoWeb

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.