Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x 360m Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this laptop in early 2018 as I was starting college in the fall. It's worked fine for three years, until a few days ago I noticed a display glitch in the bottom right corner of the screen. I realized that the corner of the screen was slightly protruding. So, I was extremely careful with it for about a day or two and yesterday, upon opening the laptop, the whole corner of the screen popped out, a screw fell out, and the screen cracked in several places. I read other posts about this same issue occurring and read that the repair cost would be upwards of $600. This seems unacceptable, for a ~$1200 laptop to break in two to three years and have to either pay half the cost again or buy a new computer entirely. Please let me know if anything can be done, I'm sure the warranty is no longer valid, I simply trusted that this laptop would be made well enough to survive at least my four years of college. With online classes, it is necessary to have a functional computer that I can take with me. I'm currently not able to close the screen for fear of the entire thing coming out.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ibentley

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.