Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I have a week-old HP Spectre x360 14 Convertible PC that came with an HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen, but I can't get it to work consistently. Sometimes the touchscreen detects the pen automatically and it works perfectly, but most often the pen will not do anything when I use it on the screen. I have no clue how to resolve this issue or how to submit a support request, as there is no serial number for the pen.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mds98

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?

If you are trying to use a passive stylus and the touch is not registering on your touch screen, use your finger to test whether the touch screen is working. To troubleshoot touch screen issues, see HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 😎.

And, also If the touch screen responds slowly to input from your hand after you use the stylus, you might need to update the firmware for the touch screen.

1. Go to the HP Software & Driver Downloads page.

2. Type your model number in the Enter your HP product name, product number or serial number box, for example, HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360 Convertible PC, and then click Find.

If a list of model numbers displays, select your model number from the list.

The Software and driver results page for your model displays.

3. Make sure the Detected operating system is correct. If necessary, click Change, select your operating system and version, and then click Change.

4. Click Firmware.

5. If a firmware update is available for the touch screen, click Download next to the update.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the firmware update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • It has never worked without these issues, everything is brand new and didn't work the first time I tried.
  • Yes, I have recently updated all the drivers. This helped resolve the issues somewhat, but there are still times when the laptop screen does not detect the pen. I then wait for an hour or so and try again, and then it works fine.

1. Go to the HP Software & Driver Downloads page.

This link does not work for me. The touch screen works fine however.

I don't know if this is related but at times the mouse does not work when I try to click on things. The screen also freezes and one time everything crashed and restarted. Unusual for a new laptop.

HP Recommended

@mds98

Thank you for posting back. 

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Try this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers to download drivers. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately none of these suggestions worked. The pen is still unresponsive. 

Can I get a replacement pen, since this was brand new? Or is it an issue with the laptop?

HP Recommended

@mds98

Thank you for posting back. 

Apologize for the inconvenience caused, as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.