Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw054sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My partner and I both purchased the HP Notebook - 15-bw054sa a couple of days ago. We loaded it up as instructed, let it do all its various updating etc. We are now both getting the same problem that when you start the laptop, it gets the hp logo on the screen and goes to the home page where I am able to log in, once logged in the screen remains black with the white cursor in the middle of the screen and nothing happens. 

occasionally, after ten or so minutes the picture returns. no amount of restarting is sorting the issue and there isnt any thing on the computer to interfere with it as they are brand new. 

This should not be heppening with a brand new laptop? I have seen other forums relating to this issue. What is going on HP? WE have each spent over £300 on laptops that are already causing an issue after a few days of owning them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dominique24

HP has issued a fix (patch) for the "black screen at login"

As explained by Professor wes_notebooks

This is a known issue affecting many computers and windows 10 at the moment.  When you are in Windows, do the following.  (if it takes 5-10 minutes to boot into Windows that's fine, it will eventually get there.)

1. Install HP Image Enhancement for System Logon 
  2. Install all available Windows updates.

Latest (at this writing):

Systems as listed in Description file:  sp82019.cva

Download and Install:  sp82019.exe

Original:

Systems as listed in Description file: sp81965.cva

Download and Install: SoftPaq SP81965

Check the Description file(s) >> Install the latest version available for your system.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Customer,

please try the fix below

press ctrl-alt-del-unchecked app readiness

Disclaimer:please do complete data backup before trying the steps.

REgards,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
HP Recommended

What on earth is unchecked app readiness??? 

When I click ctr-alt-del, it takes me to the blue screen where I can chose- Lock, Switch user, sign out or task manager. None of these things correct this black screen problem 

HP Recommended

@Dominique24

HP has issued a fix (patch) for the "black screen at login"

As explained by Professor wes_notebooks

This is a known issue affecting many computers and windows 10 at the moment.  When you are in Windows, do the following.  (if it takes 5-10 minutes to boot into Windows that's fine, it will eventually get there.)

1. Install HP Image Enhancement for System Logon 
  2. Install all available Windows updates.

Latest (at this writing):

Systems as listed in Description file:  sp82019.cva

Download and Install:  sp82019.exe

Original:

Systems as listed in Description file: sp81965.cva

Download and Install: SoftPaq SP81965

Check the Description file(s) >> Install the latest version available for your system.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.