Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx freezes momentarily (for a couple seconds) when using mouse and keyboard.

Details: If the Bluetooth mouse is not moved for 4 seconds, there is a 1-2 second delay when the mouse is moved again. Similarly, when typing, the text on the screen will lag behind the entries on the keyboard.

Troubleshooting Attempts: Working with HP support, we have performed a Windows 10 reset from cloud, updated BIOS, and installed all other updates. The issues persists.

Disappointment: This is a brand new machine ordered directly through the HP website. I have already paid for it in full. I am relying on it for work. HP is unwilling to send a replacement until I send the machine back, which means I would be without a machine for several weeks. In total, I have spent over 20 hours with HP tech support, HP sales team, and on forums like this one trying to fix this problem with this brand new machine. I am extremely disappointed with the expense (time, money, and downtime) for this transaction. All solutions appear to involve several weeks of downtime. Very disappointed customer here.

Product name : HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx

Product number : 2A9G5UA#ABA

Software build ID : 20WW2W2T601#SABA#DABA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@spectre40,

I understand that you are facing issues with the touchpad wherein the cursor freezes. and the keyboard is lagging.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

This issue could occur if the BIOS or Touchpad drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

You may also follow the steps in the link to check if the issue is with the mouse or keyboard: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 

If the issue persists, then you may restore the system to a previous point by checking the link: Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 

1.Updating the BIOS  & Windows updated

You can try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.