Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Brand new HP but runs slow when watching videos

HP Recommended

I just purchased a brand new hp yesterday, and I’m already having issues with it being slow. The only things I have downloaded is Spotify, google chrome, and something for my work at home job. I was trying to watch a video on vrv which is an app similar to Netflix, but it kept lagging the whole time, it did this today and last night. I know it’s not my connection because our other laptop is working perfectly fine. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
83,996 83,887 10,563 22,650
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Abriana_nic1 

What is your machine ? May be your machine is NOT have enough resource to play higher definition videos. I've few 8K video clips and I can only play them on one of my machines. Two of my machines can't play FHD video clips.

Please download and install the following free player then use it to play OFFLINE videos. Hope this helps. Otherwise post back what is your machine.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure exactly what type of machine I have, where would I find that information at?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation