1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Brand new Omen 15 - Screen bleeding??

HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 en-0008a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, just recently ordered a HP Omen 15 from Amazon (Ryzen 7 4800h and RTX 2060) last week and after tinkering around with it I noticed upon boot around some of the edges the display looks almost damaged.

At first I was unsure what this was, after some research I see that I may be suffering from screen bleeding? Excuse me if I am wrong! Now, I contacted amazon and they quickly sent a replacement (I'm still yet to return the 1st unit) but upon booting I noticed this has screen bleeding issues too.

This is very noticeable on a black background and if I gently touch the fascia or tilt the screen forward/back it can agitate the bleeding and you see it move about. This is deeply concerning, especially on a 2nd unit. 

This is extremely annoying now as I've set up 2 laptops, disassembled to install m2 ssd, downloaded 100s probably 1000s of GB/s of updates/games for hours on end and have to go through the annoyance of returning both and facing the anxiety of sending £2000 of product in the post...

I really don't want to return this but I believe it under warranty. I'm guessing I have a faulty unit and would I be covered to get this repaired? 

Thanks

IMG_20210831_231211.jpg

IMG_20210902_193810.jpg

IMG_20210831_233150.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,841 24,797 1,152 1,186
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Exal7ed

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,841 24,797 1,152 1,186
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Exal7ed

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation