Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I'm sorry. When I follow the steps that you've outlined, I don't have the option for "Imaging Devices". PLEASE HELP!!!
HP Recommended

Which steps are you speaking explicitly of? The ones having to do with the software? Or the ones having to do with removing the bezel, etc.?

HP Recommended

If you don't see the option "images devices" this means that the hardware probably isn't connected. Try removing the bezel and press the tiny white webcam connector. worked for me hope it will for you as well.

good luck

HP Recommended

that was the fix....the lead going into the connector was out a mm...it looked like it was connected,but  a mm is enough to keep webcam from working...thnx bastiaan...i also undid the bezel carefully with a sharp knife edge...i just undid the top and half way down each side...after i was done with the connection,the bezel snapped back in place....thnx again bastiaan

HP Recommended

Bastiaan,

I want to say thank you for sharing your experience as it also helped me resolve my truevision HD camera problem on my brand new laptop I bought on December 12th.  So When I found out the camera was bad it was outside the window of Staples willingness to take care of it.  A simple opening the bezel (without removing the screws at the bottom) half way down each side made the plug accessible with the edge of a credit card and all I had to do was unseat it a little more and plug it back in, and voila webcam driver installed.  I didn't even turn the computer off during the whole time...

Now when it happens again in the future, I'll know what to do.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP TrueVision HD webcam about six weeks ago . It worked when I first got my computer in October, and then it stopped working.  I downladed a Cyberlink YouCam driver, and it worked for several weeks, and now it's not working again.

There is no "Imaging" category on my Device Manager or  the START menu..  The Cyberlink driver installed in a category called "Communications" located on the START menu

I'm not technically adept, and I'm not going to take my computer apart to try to fix it !   Since the webcam has worked at various times, I doubt it's a detached wire. 

This is an issue that HP needs to address !!!  

HP Recommended
Glad I could help. Its So enoying buying something brand new and connecters are faulty. Especially because it's new you start directly looking for software and driver issues instead of faulty hardware.

Well at least now it's something that's out there hope HP will do something about it or next time it's gonna be a fruit company handeling my hardware 😉
HP Recommended

I have the same Dv7 problem.

"No webcam detected"

Product number: A6516UA#ABA

Also, the internal array microphone does not respond, even after deleting the driver and allowing it to auto re-install.

What to do?

David

HP Recommended

dv7-6b54er, same issue. Camera works, but then not working, and not in devices at all 😞

**bleep** ?

usbdeview show that it is not connected

I was thinking that HP is serious vendor ...

HP Recommended

I tried removing the bezel and notice that there was no white wire near the HD webcam. I am not sure if different versions for dv7 have different connectors but I can't seem to find and correct the problem. I know there is something faulty with the hardware because it worked when I first bought the computer about a month and half ago but now the device manager doesn't even recognize the webcam. This is so irritating because I spent an hour on the phone today with HP support and they were absolutely useless. I can't believe they would sell a laptop that has such great quality with faulty connectors, its not even cool. I'm also seeing some bad soldering techniques here, I learned how do that in high school and I could do a better job. Amazing what you can learn when you look past the pretty exterior and see how low quality it is on the inside.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.