Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

necesito el driver para mi webcam no puedo utilizarla

HP Recommended

HP should be ashamed of itself. 

Your problem is a disconnected wire that runs to the webcam, behind the bevel.  I bought this computer for my mentally disable niece and when she contacted HP Service they gave her the same run around about doing full restores and installing software.  What garbage.  Its February 2012 and this problem has been going on for at least 5 months and yet HP support is still giving out garbage information and sending people in circles.  Totally disgusting.  HP is incompetent at a minimum but it is more likely they are just being disingenuous so they don't have to pay for the physical repair.

You need to peel back the bezel and reconnect the wire to the camera.  If you don't see the wire take the computer back.  All of HP's other advice will just be a waste of your time.

Pathetic HP - simply pathetic.

HP Recommended

Seems like I'm having the same problem everyone else is having.. I just bought this computer its a dv7 notebook with an i7 processor and all that good stuff, and I just got it 5 days ago. My webcam worked only one day that I've had it. I tried updating the drivers and all that good stuff but it never works now. It shows up under my imaging devices but it just doesn't work. and I keep having this USB device driver thing pop up on me. I tried pushing on the camera a few minutes ago and finally got a little light come on beside it for just a moment before going back off.  Would ya'll say that I should just return the computer and exchange it or should I try to take the bezel thing off and see if my webcam is also disconnected? I'm not the best with computers or any kind of electronics, and I'm kind of scared of breaking it..

HP Recommended

The USB device driver message means that your webcam wire is either lose or partially or entirely disconnected.  There is no software solution to this.  I can't stress that enough. 

The bezel is pretty easy to peel back.  Take a thin credit card.  Start at the very center of the bezel and gently pry it apart.  Once you get the very center of the bezel slightly open, take the credit card and slowly move down the top of the bezel and gently peel it open.  Once the top is done, go down halfway on either side of the bezel and peel it open.  There is no need to take it all the way off.

Once you have the bezel peeled back to this point, take the credit card and push the white wire (its hard to see) up to try to reengage the connection.  This wire will come loose again, so you should get a small piece of electrical tape and attach it to the white wire as well as the black connector.  That may help it from coming loose again.

If you don't want to do this, take the computer back.  Its a manufacturer's defect so its a legitamate return.  You need to consider whether you want another one though as this is apparently a typical problem with the computer.

Good luck.  Sorry that you are experiencing this problem.

HP Recommended

I have just purchased a new laptop, the model no is HP DV6-6113CL Pavilion, the webcam and builtin microphone is not working, it says, the web cam is not detected, i dont know what to do, probably it seems to be a manufacturing defect, kindly help...............................................

HP Recommended

Read the first few posts depending on the model it might help succes

check te connectors behind the bevel for the webcam

HP Recommended

thank youuuuuuuuu bastian 🙂 i solved my problemDSC_0624.JPG

HP Recommended

Glad I could help! too bad HP doesn't do anything !

HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion dv7-6b77dx and I went through calling customer support and all they told me was that the thing labelled TrueVision was only for a microphone. I really need this to do a couple online interviews for my company, and I can't keep trying to find another computer, especially since I paid a lot for it and bought all the special packages with it. Please contact me back about solutions besides sending a computer I have only been using for about a month into the factory

HP Recommended

I dont see the white wire you are pushing? when you do push it, does the webcam come on automatically or do you have to restart? http://i.imgur.com/b6dgt.jpg Appreciate the help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.