Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I applied pressure to the white connector as well and everything worked.  Horrible quality control.

HP Recommended

Thanks for solution, helped me. My wire connector has also been lightly disconnect. Repair time = 30s. Thank You very much.  (Pavilion dv7 a6p60ea)

Foto from   Bastiaan_Bos_NL  (12-29-201104:40 PM)  is very useful.
 :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

@Bookworm wrote:

Hi to everyone on this thread with a DV7 and the webcam issue,

Please do go ahead and list your model and product number as asked previously.

Don't put your serial number, that is private and for one-on-one support, not open forums.

I would like to ask you for one other piece of information please, and that is the "Vendor ID" of the Webcam on your specific unit.

If you already know where to get this this groovy, if not I'll hopefully make this easy to find for you.

1. Go to device Mgr, yes there are many ways but one is to type Device into the start search field and select Device Manager from the list.

2. Click on where it says "Imaging Devices" ( I'm hoping at this point it shows you "HP TrueVison HD)

3. Double click on "HP TrueVison HD" and you should the properties window with 3 tabs (general, driver & details)

4. Click on the "details" tab and look for the property dropdown menu, it probably says "Device Description" when you first go in.

5. Choose "Hardware ID's" and you will see a long string of Alphanumerics, just look for where it says VID_XXXX the 4 x's will in fact be a series of 4 numbers and letters, that is your vendor ID for this device :generic:

Here is a picture from the dv4 I have, you can see my Vendor ID is VID_174F

Vendor ID's.JPG

Thank you for helping us to help you.

HP Recommended

la webcam de mi laptop hp pavlion dm1 no es reconocida y no me funciona. necesito el driver para reinstalarla

HP Recommended

So what happens if I do not have the 'Imaging Devices' tab under my device manager tab?

HP Recommended

Read previous posts your hardware is probably disconnected due to short webcam cable behind the bevel. succes

HP Recommended

Imaging devices not coming in Device Manager as well. What to do?

HP Recommended
Imaging Devices is not coming under Device Manager. What should I do?
HP Recommended

The problem for many many people is a loose connector to the camera.  You have to take the bezel (the plastic trim around the edge of your screen) to get to the connector.  The connector is located about one inch to the right of the camera module.  When you fully incert the connector into it's socket, the camera works.  You can verify it is working by looking in Device Manager under the imaging devices for your camera to be listed.  You could also run a program like Skype or YouCam to make sure it works.

The following link is to instructions on how to take the bezel off of your screen.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/comment-page...

HP Recommended
MINE SHOWS NO IMAGING DEVICES AT ALL - ONLY IF I PLUG IN MY LOGITECH WEBCAM THEN IT SHOWS IMAGING DEVICES BUT NO LISTINGS FOR HP TRUEVISION HD - ABSOLUTELY NONE AND NOTHING LIKE THAT AT ALL.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.