Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Omg thanks so much. I just popped out the plastic and just gaved it a push and the sound of a new device played and the Webcam light started blinking. Thankyou so much :))))

HP Recommended
People try to do what Glukes did. it started to work on mine :))
HP Recommended

i just got my pavilion dv7 , web cam did not work on yahoo messager because ''cyberlink youcam'' software starts when YM wants to use cam, rang customer support in australia got there in the end we had to uninstall cyberlink youcam software ,only delete youcam software and leave cyberlink dvd 10 ,this worked for me hope it will help other users - hit start,control panel,under programs click uninstall a program,look for cyberlink youcam uninstall it wait 10 seconds or so shink down window and u will see confirmation window to uninstall program click and restart notebook

cant remember correct name of program but there was only two under cyberlink leave cyberlink dvd 10 there hope this helps... 

HP Recommended

Bastiaan_Bos_NL Огромное Вам человеческое спасибо!) все моментально заработало!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with mine.  What do we do?

HP Recommended

Read!!!!

HP Recommended

I had this same problem.  As said above, I removed the front bezel from around the display... Actually I just disconnected the top and most of the sides - not removing the entire bezel/frame.

The connector was just out of alignment a small amount and caused the problem.  It's the little white connector that is on the webcam/mic board.

I actually used my fingernails above the webcam and started there.  The credit card is probably a good idea, and think of the bezel as a bicycle tire.. Running the card around the frame like you would if you were replacing an inner tube on your bike..

Anyway.. this is confirmed.. My camera and mike worked for months.. and then stopped suddenly.  I thought it may be a driver issue, but then thought it might be related to me placing a new drive in the bottom... possibly disconnecting a wire by mistake.

I found this post on google.. and it confirmed my issue.. was fixed in about 3 minutes.

Thank you,

John

HP Recommended

People, please read the above thread before posting. It has been said about 5 or 6 times how to possibly fix the issue. If you remove the bezel and fix the wire, it should fix it.

HP Recommended

I fixed one that shipped last week. I popped it in place and came loose so then I opened it again and put a little more pressure to fasten the white wire if it comes loose again I will be using some hot glue to hold it in place...

HP Recommended

went to change profile pic on Facebook and with my old pavilian it came on it's self.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.