Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wow, thank you for the picture.  I had no idea where to look for the loose connection.  Once I popped the bezel open, I used a small screw driver (not the best choice cause I saw some tiny sparks when I pressed up on connector) my computer dinged and the installing new hardware bubble popped up.  Once done, I checked Device Manager and there it was.  After that, I launched YouCam and everything is working perfectly.  Thanks a bunch.

HP Recommended

This worked!  I've been trying to figure this out for about 2 years on and off and just found this post - easy fix.  Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much for sharing and for the picture!  You rock!

HP Recommended

Man you are a life saver.i been looking everywhere to fix my mic so i can talk to some friends on a game and this post here helped me alot,thank you so much

HP Recommended
Thanks!! That was it for me on my DV7
HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Bastiaan_Bos_NL wrote:

Hi Vitor

here you go the bevel was kind of a tricky thing just be gentle it will work.

foto.JPG

Hope this helps.

kind regards Bastiaan

HP Recommended

What if there is no "Imaging Devices"  in Device Manager? I also have an HP Pavilion dv7

HP Recommended

It is indeed one of the symptoms. When the connector is loose and you get the webcam not detected message, it will also be missing in Device Manger. Reference M-Wilson above where after reconnecting, it appeared in the Device Manager list (under Imaging Devices).

HP Recommended

My webcam stopped working but I have not used it in over a year

Model # of Notebook DV7 3065 dv

Using Windows 7 Home Premium

Under Hardware ID  

USB|VID_064E&PID_C107&REV_0231&MI_00

USB|VID_064E&PID_C107&MI_00      

HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavillion dv7t-6c00.  I used the Youtube video above to fix my problem.

Troubleshooting steps:

1. I went to task manager and saw that YCMMirage.exe was running

2. I went to the start menu and opened CyberLink>YouCam. It said there was no camera present

3. I opened device manager (same as in the YouTube video) and there was no HP TrueVision HD (no camera device!) under Imaging devices

4. I said "nothing ventured, nothing lost" to myself and followed the YouTube video to carefully open the bezel.  I found the white connector and I carefully pushed up on it using a credit card.  Magic!  HP TrueVision HD is now in the Devide Manager under Imaging devices.

Great Video... Thank you!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.