02-25-2012 08:28 AM
Thanks for solution, helped me. My wire connector has also been lightly disconnect. Repair time = 30s. Thank You very much. (Pavilion dv7 a6p60ea)
Foto from Bastiaan_Bos_NL (12-29-201104:40 PM) is very useful.
02-26-2012 07:19 AM
Hi to everyone on this thread with a DV7 and the webcam issue,
Please do go ahead and list your model and product number as asked previously.
Don't put your serial number, that is private and for one-on-one support, not open forums.
I would like to ask you for one other piece of information please, and that is the "Vendor ID" of the Webcam on your specific unit.
If you already know where to get this this groovy, if not I'll hopefully make this easy to find for you.
1. Go to device Mgr, yes there are many ways but one is to type Device into the start search field and select Device Manager from the list.
2. Click on where it says "Imaging Devices" ( I'm hoping at this point it shows you "HP TrueVison HD)
3. Double click on "HP TrueVison HD" and you should the properties window with 3 tabs (general, driver & details)
4. Click on the "details" tab and look for the property dropdown menu, it probably says "Device Description" when you first go in.
5. Choose "Hardware ID's" and you will see a long string of Alphanumerics, just look for where it says VID_XXXX the 4 x's will in fact be a series of 4 numbers and letters, that is your vendor ID for this device
Here is a picture from the dv4 I have, you can see my Vendor ID is VID_174F
Thank you for helping us to help you.
03-02-2012 01:25 PM
The problem for many many people is a loose connector to the camera. You have to take the bezel (the plastic trim around the edge of your screen) to get to the connector. The connector is located about one inch to the right of the camera module. When you fully incert the connector into it's socket, the camera works. You can verify it is working by looking in Device Manager under the imaging devices for your camera to be listed. You could also run a program like Skype or YouCam to make sure it works.
The following link is to instructions on how to take the bezel off of your screen.
03-02-2012 05:04 PM