44 41 1 3
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bright very small spot on display, after sending laptop for repair to HP

Spectre x360 4102nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

this is my second thread about an issue with my Spectre x360, only 3 months old.
I send it to repair to HP the first time on 8th november 2016, and I had it back on 12 december 2016.
The previous problem was a faulty display hinge. The HP support replaced the display entirely, the hinge and the wifi card.

Today I noticed a strange behaviour on display backlighting. Yes, this looks like a issue with backlighting,not with pixel.
Because the pixel changes its color and luminance correctly basing on what it's shown on the screen, but its BRIGHTER than others.
Looking further, it's not just a pixel, it's a brighter spot, has nothing to do with pixels itself in my opinion.

This is noticeable with light colors, on black/gray and darker colors it isn't visible.

I'm starting to wonder about quality of spare parts and in general with HP products and their engineering.
I'm a bit disappointed because after spending 1500€ for a premium product I had to send it to repair, and it stayed 1 month and more away, lost 1 month of warranty, and worst of all, I can't enjoy my product.
Today an issue showed again.
I work in photography and I'm really starting to wonder if I have to consider to sell my Spectre x360 and looking to other manfacturers for my personal/work laptop choice.

Attached there's a photo of the problem.WP_20161229_23_42_21_Pro_Ink_LI.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,157 20,776 1,357 2,141
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @andrewRG,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
44 41 1 3
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've talked with HP Phone support, I've sent them some pictures of the issue.
Plus, I didn't mention it here before, when HP repaired the laptop the first time, they didn't assembly it correctly and the chassis and the display are misaligned.
I had my laptop for more than 1 month missing for repairing and what I got? A repaired hinge but a display with a white spot, a lot more of backlight bleeding compared to the original display and misaligned display lid and chassis.
Finally, the display lid has a assembly defect by factory, because the glass in the center is sticking out from the aluminum chassis, in the center, which is the same position where backlight bleed is more pronounced.
I'm really unsatisfied, I'm angry and I feel teased.

The phone support offered me to take my laptop again for the repair and what can I do if not accepting?
It will be again away for one month, and on 12 months of warranty I will have wasted 2 months of it, after paying thousand euros for a defective from factory product and a very bad repair service which was able to fix the initial issues but introducing further issues.

I need somebody in HP to contact me to explain how this kind of things can happen nowadays.
This is negligence by HP or, to be more precise, by Flextronics, the company who make repairs here in Europe for HP.
Are technician competent?
Sorry for this unkind words, but think how customers feels in these kind of situations.

I was told by phone support the courier will supply a shipment box where I can put my laptop. Last time the courier came to pick up my laptop didn't know anything about any box to put my computer.
I'm sure this will happen again.

I'm going to share this threads on many tech site and on Youtube, plus I will write a review on my website with a log of the repairs and all the issues I'm facing because of this.
Please take this events seriously, I'm a good customer, but nobody like to be teased in this way.
Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
44 41 1 3
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some pictures of the misaligned display after the laptop was repaired by HP.

_1080658.jpg

_1080659.jpg

_1080660.jpg

_1080661.jpg

_1080662.jpg

_1080665.jpg

0 Kudos
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4,641 3,064 51 154
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
44 41 1 3
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, an italian HP representative called me on phone to gather more info about the problem (because I made a complaint by phone withe the technical support).
I asked him to replace the entire unit with a brand new because the unit came defective since I bought it, it was repaired but it was not assembled correctly and the display presents some defects (the glass sticks out from the display chassis in the bottom for about 1-2 mm for a lenght of 10cm, bright dot on the display), misalignment of the display.
He only offered me to send it to repair, which is the same thing I was able to do before by myself.
No way to replace the entire unit.

I refused the repair because I've no intention to lose another month of warranty and not using the product I've paid for, because a Flextronics technician isn't able to assembly correctly a display lid and because of the issues discovered on the lcd panel (the bright dot).
The representative from HP Italy answered in a very bored way, leaving me with no option.
I'm pretty angry, disappointed and teased.
I'm sorry, but I will not suggest any product from HP and I'll never buy again an HP product.
This is not my fault, it's a fault of the manufacturer.
Thanks to all the moderators who helped me.
I'll try to sell my unit to someone, describing all the faults on the laptop, hoping to recover a good fraction of the price I've paid to buy a wonderful product, bad assembled, bad repaired and very bad supported.
Best regards

Andrea Mangano

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation