Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 15s DU-3047TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is a HP 15s DU-3047TX with an i5 11th Generation processor and Intel® Iris® XE Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce MX350. My problem is that the computer automatically adjusts the screen brightness based on what images are being displayed on the screen. (This happens only when the laptop is running on battery when it's plugged in there's no problem) For instance, when I open up a word document the screen brightness noticeably increases in step, when the screen displays a dark image like a webpage with a black background the screen brightness noticeably dims in steps. I just assume there is some problem with my Intel® Iris® XE Graphics (Updated also ) because when I disable this graphics then I don’t face this brightness problem. Is there some well-hidden setting causing this, is my laptop screen defective, or is this just the way the laptop is? I need to know. It's driving me nuts. HP please fix this issue. (I don't see an option of adaptive brightness in advanced power settings>>display)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.