Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Phtevenator Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brightness Function Keys( f2 and f3) NOT Working

Hi,

I have the same problem: some of my function keys are not working.

My device is a HP zbook studio g3 with model number T7V83ES.

I did a clean install of 10 education since i could get that one for free and my previous version was enterprise. The keys worked on enterprise although I had some issues with it before only I forgot how to fix it. More people at my university that have the same laptop are experiencing the same problems, unfortunately this is not the case for everyone that owns the same laptop.

Here's what I did and what it resulted in:

-Installed every driver/program that seemed appropriate and was listed on the original  HP website for software and drivers for my device.

Result: My keys were not working at all. (brightness, project switch and mic mute keys)

-I asked google and tried every single solution I could find, including the ones you suggested.

Result: Mic mute key is working, project switch key is also working, and as if it was a miracle my brightness keys are also working! But: my brightness keys are stuttering like hell. It takes windows ages to register my keystroke and even longer to register another one directly following it; it can not register 2 keystrokes in a row, it needs a sort of cooling down time for the button.

This is a list of my installed drivers:

SP781133

SP70439

SP76159

SP75561

SP56876

SP78231

SP77545

SP76872

SP76539

SP77916

SP77413

SP77176

SP76209

SP76771

SP75104

SP74145

This includes BIOS udpate and system event utility.

My intel HD 530 driver is up to date according to my laptop

date: 1-7-2016

I you require any further details please let me know.

I really hope someone is able to help me with this.

Kind regards,

Johan van der Kallen

2 REPLIES
-RB- Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try installing the HP Hotkey Support Driver yet? If you did install and it still doesn't work, then try updating your BIOS.  Hope this helps. Cheers.

0 Kudos
HPKing1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the most funny thing that i have seen.

I too faced this problem.

I visited intel website.

Downloaded intel driver update utility

It will check for the .missing drivers in your system probably for missing graphics driver.

Download the latest graphics driver as show in the list in Intel driver update utility.

HUrraaaayyyy now the brightness control will work after download and install the latest graphics driver.

Hope this helps.

I had a two day full session chat with HP online support experts,

But they struggled to find out the problem.

On my own searched for intel website and got this solution.

It worked well for me.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation