Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brightness is not adjusting

hp 241 g1
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

The screen Brighteness is being the same its unable to adjust, I tried all sort of things but invain. So finally I came to know that, there is some PCI Device is not installed. Kindly tell me where to find that and how to install.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36468 5477 9398
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
98951 13520 20873
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only supports your PC for Windows 8.1.

So you don't have the W8 graphics driver needed to adjust the screen brightness.

The PCI device needs the Realtek card reader driver.

You can try the one from the HP 255 G1 and see if that works...

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61563.exe

Try the W8 graphics driver from that model as well...

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62716.exe

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation