Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360 Convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've been researching and found some many related issues the hinge and screen coming apart. This seems that HP has a device design flaw which causes the hinges to become weak and push the screen out and in my case it cracked (which is what happened to me). This laptop has never been dropped or mishandled. It literally happened when I opened my laptop from the closed position.  Which is ridiculous that I have to keep my laptop open at all times now because it continues to destroy the hinges/screen even more if I attempt to close it. This is now a complete disaster since I work from home  needing to use my laptop and  can't use it  properly due to the touchscreen is constantly doing its own thing. I am beyond livid that I have seen people with the SAME EXACT ISSUE. Why isn't HP recalling or bringing any light to this manufacturing problem?  I refuse to pay for HP to replace this at a cost to me. I have had this laptop for 2 years and of course its out of warranty. I would like someone to contact me to resolve this issue and I would request that  HP picks up the cost for the issue or replaces with a new HP laptop that is functional. I don't have money to spend on a new laptop when this  is obviously an HP manufacturing problem and not a consumer issue (since so many people have the same problem). I have taken nothing but great care for my WORK laptop.  If HP does not work with me on fixing this issue I will be contacting an attorney and open a class action lawsuit due to the lack of design functionally  which creates an issue where the hinges are now pushing the screen out. This isn't just a me issue, several hundred people have complained. I was also never made aware that this design when I purchased it was having issue with the charger getting too hot and causing fires. This also opens up an issue since right where the charger goes is right where the issue of the screen pushed out.  Please contact me in resolving this issue or I will proceed in filing the lawsuit. This item should be recalled and people should be refunded their money. This is a very dangerous issue to have. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Still waiting for someone to reach out to me from me. Please contact me soon and escalade this immediately.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @cljaco3,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Still have not heard anybody. Please have them contact me as soon as possible 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.