Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360 m Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hinge on the right (looking at computer) has broken and a screw head just dropped out between the screen and case. I don't want to damage my screen so I am unable to close it to put away. My daughter has the same problem, but on the left side and her screen cracked ... she sent hers to the AT&T insurance place and they put a new case and then taped her original serial number to it. I just want to get this fixed the right way. Don't get me wrong I am not asking for pity or sympathy just trying to explain how this played out …..My husband got it and gave to me last christmas, he has since passed away and I really want to keep it in working condition since it is the last gift I received from him. I called amazon where he purchased it and since he bought at the end of November they cannot help me ... they had to reship it because the first one came with the warranty already expired. This was a gift so I did not really get it until december 25th, 2018. I just want it repaired and I do understand this is an issue many have had with this model. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dianamorrow,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the hinge is broken on the computer and you want to get it fixed.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called in twice and was disconnected after I was on hold... never spoke to anyone. I just want the problem resolved so I don't need to keep the computer sitting open like a trophy and risk one of the grandkids causing more damage. I understand it is the holiday season and HP is very busy, but I really want to get the repairs made. I have no clue if there was any additional warranty purchased or any way to find out. Please let me know if you can help. 

HP Recommended

@dianamorrow I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.