Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken Moniter Cover

HP Pavilion 15-p000 Notebook P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. A few days ago, I picked up my laptop again, and my dog or something must have knocked it over but I looked at the back of its moniter and it is cracked! It can not close without it cracking anymore and I am really scared to use it! I am using it currently, but I need to keep it in one position or else it will break! How do I fix this? How much would it cost to but a new moniter for my Laptop? How much would it cost if I were to go to a fixer? 

1 REPLY 1
Professor Professor
Professor
1,482 1,397 142 912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Broken Moniter Cover

Hey Dreamer,

I'm assuming your warranty (1yr hardware) has expired and that you do not have any extended warranty.  In that case, you will be charged by HP for out of warranty repairs if you choose to contact our support. You can also find an authorized service center near you to do the work.

I can't estimate the cost without checking what is broken.  You can look at the part numbers for the components here and google them to find replacement costs:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04402649

Generally speaking, a broken display is the most costly repair for laptops.  In most cases it's comparable to buying a similar model brand new.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation