Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! I was hoping you can help me with my laptop and surface pen issue. I have the 2017 surface pen with 4097 levels pressure sensitivity, and the HP Spectre x360 10th gen I7 processor. I have relentlessly searched the internet for solutions and have come up with nothing.

The short story is my surface pen only works correctly when my palm doesn't touch the screen. If I'm drawing with my wrist touching the screen, the line breaks up into dots and short lines like morse code. Even with palm rejection turned on in Photoshop, and in the Windows settings it's still does this. Any program with Windows ink compatibility has the same results. The HP pen, that came with the laptop, has no problem. But I also bought a new Wacom Bamboo ink plus and it has the same problem as the Surface Pen.

After trying things like updating everything and factory resetting the PC I see no improvement. I even tried my Surface pen on other devices at Best Buy. My Surface pen works great on Surface devices, but when I try it on other, non-surface but "windows ink" compatible, devices the lines break up. I even tried other surface pens on my HP Spectre and got the same negative results.

I tried a bunch of other things too, but I'll leave all that out to keep this message from getting any longer... If it would be helpful I can give you more.

All my research shows the surface pen should work great on this device. I could find no one with this exact same problem, which is weird...

Please help!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.