Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f1000 (508R7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have begun to notice very small bubbles around the edge of my screen I initially thought that these were a surface defect but after giving the screen a good clean the defect is behind the touch surface. It appears to be the surfaces delaminating behind the part of the screen that you can physically touch.  Has anybody else experienced this?

Screen.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. HP keeps telling me this is a unique issue and suggests sending back to replace screen. Your post now confirms this is a larger issue. In total the screen will be on its 4th change out on a unit not even a year old. The new unit was only a few weeks old before we noticed the issue but daughter was in college so waited until Christmas break to repair. When finally repaired it only lasted about 3 weeks before issue returned. So, we sent back to HP in early May and now, yet again, the bubbles have returned. It only lasted 3 weeks. Now I have to reach out again to HP to have it replaced with a 4th screen in 12 months. HP has been very responsive and quick to repair the unit, BUT it appears there is to be a larger issue with these units and a different action is required. When my warranty expires then what?. Anyone have ideas on root cause? Is this a bad batch of screens HP has to work through, is the laptop over driving the screen and somehow causing the issue?  I bought HP to get my daughter through college and last at least 5-7 years but right now we can't get 5 weeks without a reoccurringBubbles.jpg issue.

HP Recommended

The issue is now getting worse so I have had to contact HP under warranty. I'll let you know how i get on. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.