Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
JKHewitt Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Built-in IR Camera not working (Purple/Green/Saturated Colors)

HP ENVY x360 15-ar052sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I just recently bought my new laptop, which is stated above. I booted up my camera app and my hp camera works fine, but my HP IR Camera isn't working properly? The two infrared lights are lit, but the camera is saturated with poor quality and sometimes purple and green tints appear on my screen.

NOTE: When I go to update my IR Camera driver in Device Manager, the camera is no longer available on my computer. I had to roll-back the update so that it is available.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Built-in IR Camera not working (Purple/Green/Saturated Colors)

Hello, @JKHewitt – Greetings!

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are experiencing issues with the face recognition IR camera with your Envy x360. I will do my best to assist you with this issue :)

First off, you mentioned that you tried updating the IR drivers. I need to know how have you updated the drivers. Did you go to the HP driver page and then tried updating the drivers or did you try updating directly from the Device manager? If you updated from the HP driver page, there are 2 IR drivers available. Which one did you try updating?

Also, what is your OS version? Type "Winver" on the Windows search box and press enter to get the OS version.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon"  below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation