4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Built in camera does not work

hp spectre touchsmart 15-4010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My built in camera doesn't work. Applications, such as Google Hangouts, doesn't show my camera in the drop down list in their config screen.

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Zoltan

Zoltan
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Zoltan_7,

Thanks for joining HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Webcam not working. Is that right?

I would like to definitely help you.

I request you to share any error messages you have noticed. Also, recommend you try the steps from the below link and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2dpLR02

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Zoltan_7 Top Student
Top Student
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

There is no error message. The camera doesn't show up. It looks like there is no camera installed.

Might be related:

Device Manager shows this error: USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller

Zoltan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@ Zoltn_7,

Thanks for the reply.

Try downloading the driver from the below link and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2ecVgHU

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “I agree to the terms” and then the download will begin.

Thank you.

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Zoltan_7 Top Student
Top Student
4 2 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would love to, but unfortunately the link you provided didn't work.

I received this message:

STOP - there might be a problem with the requested link

The link you requested has been identified by bitly as being potentially problematic. This could be because a bitly user has reported a problem, a black-list service reported a problem, because the link has been shortened more than once, or because we have detected potentially malicious content. This may be a problem because:

Some URL-shorteners re-use their links, so bitly can't guarantee the validity of this link.

Some URL-shorteners allow their links to be edited, so bitly can't tell where this link will lead you.

Spam and malware is very often propagated by exploiting these loopholes, neither of which bitly allows for.

The link you requested may contain inappropriate content, or even spam or malicious code that could be downloaded to your computer without your consent, or may be a forgery or imitation of another website, designed to trick users into sharing personal or financial information.

Zoltan
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@ Zoltan_7,

I thank you for the reply.

It’s an Intel official link. I am sharing the link again below. I request you to follow the instructions and check if that helps fix the issue.

http://hp.care/2ecVgHU

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “I agree to the terms” and then the download will begin.

Thank you.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation