Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Number2JazzFan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C3Q78UA#ABA Pavilion g7 screen brightness buttons not working

Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently updated my AMD display driver (Radeon 7640G I think) and now my brightness buttons, keyed to F2 and F3 are not working. The rest of my buttons are working fine so it is not the keyboard. I also cannot change it when I press the battery button on my taskbar (both brightness and battery saver are unavailable). This is a major issue because now my screen it at the lowest brightness possible and I have to work with my lights off (and even then it's still difficult to see). I tried updating my drivers but there was nothing available to update. I've been trying to update drivers for my HP printer though both updates receive an error message:  

(1)  Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 7640 series - Error 0x8024200b

(2) HP driver update for Fax - HP ENVY 7640 series - Error 0x80240017

Microsoft Support tried to help with the error message (and reportedly tried to fix Windows Update) but after they "helped" me this brightness issue starting occurring. If it means anything, when my computer boots up, a new screen appears that says something about Watch Dogs. That used to never appear until MS. I'm not sure if that is the issue though. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C3Q78UA#ABA Pavilion g7 screen brightness buttons not working

Hello @Number2JazzFan,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the brightness keys, and wanted to assist you!

Have you tried performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state?  If you are still having trouble then try pulling up your Device Manager in the Start Menu.  Expand the Monitors section, and right click on Generic PnP Monitor.  Then click Enable.  Let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation