mickeyz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CHROMEBOOK LCD SCREEN

HP Chromebook 14 G3
Chrome OS

I purchased a HP Chromebook 14 G3 for my son for his middle school graduation 6 months ago.    The screen has gone black.   I took it into Best Buy and they said the LCD screen is shot and SHOULD be covered under warranty.   I am looking for a place, address to submit this for repair.    I bought it off of Amazon.    

Really frustrated with the chromebook, it was expensive and now its not working.    Can not find out how to get it fixed and I am looking for any help I can get.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,274
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CHROMEBOOK LCD SCREEN

Hello mickeyz,

Sorry to hear !!

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan)

Either way, the best thing to do, is to replace the LCD in your case to fix this issue,

You could find the part using this link: Click here

This is the number that you should call. HP SUPPORT:Contact HP

Give them you computer's serial and product number for them to create a ticket for you. State what happened to the computer so you could get a support immediately.

Or You may get it serviced by any of the Local Computer Repair shops neraby for  a better price Deal. 

The screen can be fixed for a lesser cost...perhaps half if you are willing to install it yourself. 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation