Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cw1598sa 15.6” AMD Ryzen 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What cable do I need to connect my HP Pavilion 15-cw1598sa 15.6” AMD Ryzen 7 Laptop to an HP EliteDisplay E232 monitor please?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DaveHaines 

I don't believe its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06410523

which does not have any video out port at all. Only

• 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate);
  • 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only);
  • 1 RJ-45;
  • 1 AC smart pin;
  • 1 headphone/microphone combo.

But from manual for the series, it should have  one HDMI v1.4 supporting up to 1920 × 1080 @ 60Hz. The monitor has

• (1) DisplayPort 1.2
  • (1) HDMI
  • (1) VGA HDCP support on DisplayPort and HDMI

Therefore HDMI cable is the way to go.

Please check the left side of your machine, it should have one HDMI port

hdmi portz.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello @Banhein, thank you for the reply.  The laptop does indeed have an HDMI port on the left side , so would I need an HDMI to HDMI cable?  Or HDMI to Display Port?

Thanks

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.