Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-22-2021 07:11 PM
My camera doesn't work often and I look into Properties under Camera and it says
Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
How can I fix this problem?
03-25-2021 02:14 PM
I have the same issue. It was working fine until a few days ago. I did a system restore to a point when the camera was working, and got it working again. Unfortunately today it stopped working and a system restore did not help. In device manager there is now installed a 'PC camera' instead of the HP Wide Vison HD Camera. I can still see the built in camera in the list, but it is greyed out, and properties say the camera is disconnected. To me it looks like a Windows update issue.
03-26-2021 09:25 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
03-26-2021 04:46 PM
Product number : 5JV97UA#ABA
I'm not sure if that happens after window/software update. When I turn on the laptop, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Nowadays whenever I use the camera once, then it usually disappears again, and I try to update windows to see if the camera works.
03-27-2021 08:31 AM
Thank you for posting back.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee