Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The stupid window's update that happened today 11/17/17 messed up my webcam option. I no longer have a stupid webcam option for my Laptop. The update deleted it or did something stupid with it. I demand help right now. This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @lovelykrn,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I read your post about the unit’s webcam not working after the recent update. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

A commendable job was done by trying to install a retro driver to check if that works. You have done awesome troubleshooting before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with tech-savvy and technically sound customers like you. Kudos to you for that. I am amazed at your technical skills and levels of technical knowledge.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Is the Webcam drivers listed in Device manager? If not listed, please follow the steps listed in the support document: Webcam is not listed in Device Manager

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

It is indeed a driver related issue here. I would suggest here is to start off by updating the Bios, Chipset, graphics card drivers as well as webcam drivers for your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

A webcam that was working in one of the pre-installed programs suddenly stops working after installing Windows updates or after installing a recommended update to YouCam or MediaSmart.

To resolve this issue, reinstall the original HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device driver.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.

3. If the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device is listed, right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen instructions.

4. Restart your computer, and open your webcam software to see if the problem is resolved.

If the problem persists, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.