02-09-2017 02:23 PM - edited 02-09-2017 02:24 PM
I have a Pavilion dv7-6c23cl Entertainment PC, and one day the camera just stopped working on it, I can't skype with pic anymore, did I hit some disable button, is there even such a thing? How do I fix it?
02-10-2017 11:14 AM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl Notebook PC and the camera on it stopped working. I'd like to assist you with this case.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Did you downgrade the operating system from Win7 to Win Vista? Because in your post the operating system mentioned is Win Vista and Win7 was originally shipped with the laptop.
- Did you notice any updates take place in Windows or for the webcam after which it may have stopped working?
- Have you tried reinstalling the Cyberlink webcam application?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please open the Device Manager in Windows and check if the webcam is listed or not.
Click Start, type Device Manager in the search field, and select Device Manager from the list provided.
If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.
Figure: Scan for hardware changes
- If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, Use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the Webcam was working properly. If problems persist, the webcam may have a hardware issue.
If the webcam is detected in the Device Manager then please refer to the steps to test the webcam from this link.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. All the best! :)
02-10-2017 12:40 PM
I checked, its Windows 7, not vista, I was mistaken in the first text, however, I did as you said, and it shows that the webcam is functioning properly, but I have tried skyping with multiple people and I can hear and see them, but they cannot hear or see me, so I guess I'll be taking it in to the Geek Squad to see if they can figure it out. Thanks for the advice.
02-10-2017 01:58 PM
You're most welcome. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.
Sure, please let me know how it goes. Meanwhile, you can give it shot to the below links (might help in fixing the Skype issue):
- Refer to steps under "Video does not appear in your webcam software (such as YouCam, Skype, Messenger, etc.)" from this link.
- Refer to "Set up and test a webcam using Skype" from this link.
Hopefully it works out. Let me know if you have any more questions for me. Take care!