Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example:beats 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi when i first purchased this laptop camera video worke but after the reset doesnt seem to want to work nw

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Grace777 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, which application is showing the message - "not enabled", could you share a screenshot?
Also, did you try if it works on other applications such as the built-in windows camera app?

Meanwhile, I suggest you check the anti-virus program settings & ensure it isn't blocking the camera and the same should resolve the issue, if this doesn't help, try the below steps:

here's a few steps to resolve the issue, start with checking for the webcam kill switch (if available on your model, if not: click here & follow the steps) and ensure its turned on,

That said, If your webcam has stopped working after installing a new update, you should uninstall the update and roll back to the older version. You will have to open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Roll Back Driver button > select Yes on the next window. After that, you need to restart your PC to check whether it is working.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.