Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Welly4399 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Camera stopped working on HP Pavilion

HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I uninstalled True Key software and my camera hasn't worked since.

I've done hardware diagnostic checks and they identifed that the camera neede to be re-installed but that hasn't fixed the problem

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1396
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Welly4399, thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that the webcam does not work on your HP notebook. I suggest you to perform steps from this link as its known to help in these scenarios: http://hp.care/2bFrn2o

Let me know how it goes. I'm eager to help! 

0 Kudos
Stoopdog Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there Welly,

I know this doesn't provide you with a clear solution, but exactly the same thing happened to me (and I still can't get rid of the stupid true key!). Nothing I did had my camera come back to life again until my computer did an automactic Windows 10 update (it was quite a substatntial update) and then when I turned the computer on the next day, it was fixed, like nothing had been wronf in the first place.

Maybe if there is a way you can update or reset your windows software?
(I'm not very computer literate at all, so I'm not exactly how possible this may be.)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation