Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have a ntel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz and have been trying to get over 60hz for a while.

My monitor is a HP omen 27 inch display which is capable of running at 165hz.

My laptop only has a HDMI port.

I have tried for months to find options which would allow me to increase the resolution, including through NVDIA and windows 10 settings. It is clear that I can only get 60hz OPTIONS.

On my monitor on image settings, it has the option to Overclock but it is grayed out, so I cannot select it.

I am sure whether I need better specs or even just a display port adapter to get over 60hz.

Gratefu for all help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@fozzo 

What is your OMEN by HP Laptop ? How do you connect it to your external monitor ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

OnPaste.20210505-231826.png

Connect via the HDMI ports as far as aware I cannot connect via other means like VG/DP

HP Recommended

Product name : OMEN by HP Laptop

Product number : 1AN98EA#ABU

Software build ID : 17WW1OMT602#SABU#DABU

Motherboard ID : 8259

Total memory : 8GB

Tried to post above in image but it didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.