14 12 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not detect external monitor via HDMI on Win 10

Pavilion 15-p288ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have dual boot system with Ubuntu 19.04 and Windows 10. I have been using external monitor connected via HDMI for a while and it was all good. Suddenly I encountered issue with monitor detecting  - laptop can not detect it at all. When I connect it, it can not detect external monitor and on monitor only appears Power Saving Mode blue floating window and monitor goes to sleep. First, I had this problem on both OS - Ubuntu and Windows 10. Later, I have fixed it on Ubuntu, when I run Ubuntu with different options from Grub boot menu (I think I ran it with different kernel, but not sure), but on Windows 10 issue is still persistent. I have replaced different monitors and different HDMI cables, so this is not problem.

Any thoughts? Any help?

Best regards,

Aleksandar

2 REPLIES 2
aco1992
Level 2
14 12 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE for Ubuntu 19.04

I had situation this morning where first it did not work with latest kernel 5.0.0-32-generic. I have installed older version 5.0.0-31-generic and it worked. After it I boot it with latest version 5.0.0-32-generic and it's working now. This is very strange.

0 Kudos
aco1992
Level 2
14 12 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE for Windows 10

After that, now it's working on Windows too.

I'm  really confused now.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation