Kotowski Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't change graphic card. Dedicated card doesn't work!

HP Notebook 15-ay057nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Few days ago i bought a new laptop. HP Notebook 15-ay057nw. Everything was okey but not the graphic card and performance. I can't play games !!! ;/ Laptop uses only Intel HD Graphics. I have the newest drivers in both graphic cards. In BIOS i can not find the option to change graphic card. I set all to "max performance" but still the dedicated card doesn't work ;/

amd.png

Dedicated card in any apps, games are 0%. I try everything and i can not find the solution. Guys please help me i really need a help

I'm giving a prof to this the AMD Graphic card is 0%. In dxdiag the first graphic card is Intel HD Graphics. In the advanced options of resolution the graphic card is Intel. Sorry for my english, i'm polish so my english not the best. Thanks for any help

-Best wishes, Luke

8 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14446 1348 3201
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kotowski

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Your laptop is equipped with something known as Switchable Graphics -- and in this case, the PC (not you) makes the decision to switch between the two different graphics chips.

There is no way for you manually to make the switch.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Maciejka Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I have this same problem with same notebook. I bought new laptop with genuine Windows 10 64 bit onboard (installed from hidden partition), everything is ok  but GPU don't switch in the game. In game graphics option I have only intel 520 in menu, radeon R5 M430 doesen't exist. Look at tis pics... everything ok, but not switch. Please help me :-) . Sorry for my English, Im from Poland too :-)amd2.jpgamd4.jpg amd1.jpg

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Maciejka,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I came across your post about the Notebook and issues with the Graphics card. I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Notebooks, I would need the Model number.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Maciejka Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Mrstenter

Thanks for intresting :-)

I bought a HP laptop 15-ay057nw, PN: w7a10ea (link to product card: http://www8.hp.com/pl/pl/products/lapto ...! Tab = specs) with the original, pre-installed W10 home 64 bit. It has two graphics cards, integrated Intel HD520 and dedicated Radeon R5 M430. Unfortunately, when you start games or advanced 3D applications do not switch to a dedicated card (still working on an integrated Intel).

What I did:

I updated 10
I updated the BIOS to version 13 (the latest)
I downloaded the latest drivers from HP
I changed in the Power Options for highest performance
I assigned in the program to support Radeon applications that want to start from a dedicated card
No effect

Again, I set the system partition hidden, nothing was updating, as I left the drivers with image ... no effect.

Picture from Windows10
HP15.jpg

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Maciejka,

Did this work normal or how you wanted it to before all the adjusting and changing?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Maciejka Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI

I bought this computer four days left (14/10/2016) and doesen't work properly from first start.

The laptop has two graphics cards, the load 3D graphics should attach the Radeon. Unfortunately, this is not happening.
Laptop operating normally, the drivers installed correctly as shown in the screenshot.
Finally, the games have the 5fps, rendering 3D images is... the massacre :-(

FurMark program on screen detects only one card, HD520 integrated, but I've installed drivers for both cards.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Maciejka

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will assist you. 

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Maciejka Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thaks for your intresting. I will contact with support.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation